Comment on page
The update process for NewHub and NewHub Admin is simple. There are at least two yearly software updates for NewHub with improvements and features for expanded functionality, and accordingly all paid customers are entitled to receiving these updates.
Once an update is released, you will see two types of “update” prompt messages on your NewHub Admin Panel:
Always remember to create a backup of your NewHub and NewHub Admin through the "Export" button inside the QMC!
- 1.Download the latest NewHub Admin version on getnewhub.com;
- 2.Delete the NewHub-Admin extension from your QMC;
- 3.Import the ZIP file with the latest version;
NewHub Admin panel before updating the NewHub extension
You may click “update” on both update prompts. The update process is automatic, downloading a fresh copy of NewHub and NewHub Admin from our server and installing it on your Qlik Sense Server.
Follow the steps bellow to update it successfully:
- 1.Extract the NewHub.zip;
- 2.Change the NewHub.qext file to <YourAlias>.qext;
- 3.Inside the wbfolder.wbl file, change ./NewHub.qext to <YourAlias>.qext;
- 4.Place all the files inside a new ZIP file;
- 5.Make a backup of your current NewHub extension;
- 6.Delete your current NewHub extension;
- 7.Import your ZIP file with the modifications;
- 8.Done! Access it normally;
- 1.Make a backup of your current NewHub extension;
- 2.Delete your current NewHub extension;
- 3.Import your ZIP file with the modifications;
- 4.Done! Access it normally;
Note: if you have customized your CSS file through the NewHub Admin CSS Editor, please be aware that any new versions may require maintenance on this file, since new elements can be added to the screen. Contact us if you need any assistance.
Note II: you will not lose your settings and your custom css if you do exactly the steps as described, you will only lose your settings if you uninstall newhub through newhub admin.